- Reports to: President
- Classification: Exempt
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading the design, development, and enhancement of our business intelligence and performance improvement software application databases. Specific duties include:
- Develop technical architecture strategy and plans for HBI software products.
- Drive the software development cycle for all HBI software products, from initial design phase through roll-out of final products.
- Coordinate and direct the work of the software engineering development team in determining user needs and requirements; designing and developing data architecture; and implementing and releasing software products.
- Coordinate and direct the work of the QA engineering team in testing and validating software solutions.
- Develop and oversee the software engineering HR plan.
- Provide input in recruiting and hiring of software engineers.
- Education: MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience: 1 year of experience as a Software Engineer or related occupation
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence solutions and concepts, including experience with Microsoft (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI), Oracle, IBM (Cognos), Tableau, and Qlikview solutions.
- Experience with machine learning and analytical software packages (R, Matlab, Statistica, SAS, SPSS, etc.).
- Coding experience using C# or Java.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive or Pig.
- Solid understanding of Web 2.0 technologies and Model View Controller (MVC) framework knowledge.
- Work experience supporting healthcare business analysis and decision making.