Senior Software Engineer
- Reports to: VP Engineering
- Classification: Exempt
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- The Senior Software Engineer’s role is to lead the development and client support for the HBI analytics solutions platform. This includes, but is not limited to data integration, data modeling, data quality analysis, data exploration & visualization, testing, training and production development and testing using a myriad of analytics tools.
- This role will be capable of developing complete solutions incorporating source data into existing or new data structures, enriching Data Repositories and Data Dictionaries in the process, and providing appropriate client interface to meet the clinical or business intelligence needs of the customer. Leads initiatives or small projects within the team adhering to agile project methodologies.
The Senior Software Engineer is to lead developing, implementing, testing and supporting analytics applications for HBI’s healthcare applications independently.
Specific duties include:
- Develop technical architecture strategy and plans for HBI software products.
- Drive the software development cycle for all HBI software products, from initial design phase through rollout of final products
- Coordinate and direct the work of the software engineering development team in determining user needs and requirements; designing and developing data architecture; and implementing and releasing software products
- Independently manage assigned client relationship with the guidelines from the management team.
- 5+ years of experience
- Good understanding of data analytics / Data Warehousing concepts and experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle and OLAP, SSIS, SSAS or similar toolsets
- Expertise with SQL scripting, data warehousing, business intelligence, and ETL development.
- Expertise with one or more programming languages like C#, Python, TypeScript etc.
- Experience with one or more distributed systems like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, YARN clusters.
- Proficiency in machine learning, statistical analysis and data mining techniques a plus.
- Strong experience with project management process lifecycle in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with clients and technical and the management teams
- Top-down thinker, excellent communicator, relationship builder and problem solver. Must be a strong team player.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Healthcare IT experience is not required but is a plus.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org