- Reports to: VP Engineering
- Classification: Exempt
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- The Software Engineer’s role is to deliver and support analytics solutions, leveraging the appropriate data analytics tool. This includes, but is not limited to data integration, data modeling, data quality analysis, data exploration & visualization, testing, training and production support using a myriad of analytics tools.
- This role will be capable of developing complete solutions incorporating source data into existing or new data structures, enriching Data Repositories and Data Dictionaries in the process, and providing appropriate client interface to meet the clinical or business intelligence needs of the customer. Leads initiatives or small projects within the team adhering to agile project methodologies.
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, testing and supporting analytics applications under the direction of the Senior Software Engineer for HBI’s healthcare applications.
Specific duties include:
- Developing analytics solutions to product specifications in collaboration with the client, HBI product management and the engineering team members.
- Performs data sourcing, quality analysis, integration, data modeling and data visualization
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release releases
- Independently conducts end-to-end solution development, from initial request to realized value to clients.
- Shares in team on-call support rotation
- Independently manage assigned client relationship with the guidelines from the management team.
- 3-5 years of experience, none – for entry/Intern level positions
- Good understanding of data analytics / Data Warehousing concepts and experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle and OLAP, SSIS, SSAS or similar toolsets
- Experience using analytical software (R, Matlab, Statistica, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Expertise with SQL scripting, data warehousing, business intelligence, and ETL development.
- Experience with one or more distributed systems like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, YARN clusters.
- Proficiency in machine learning, statistical analysis and data mining techniques a plus.
- Expertise with Data visualization/dashboard tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Microsoft Visual BI
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with clients and technical and the management teams
- Top-down thinker, excellent communicator, relationship builder and problem solver. Must be a strong team player.
Education / Licensure / Certification
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Healthcare experience is not required but is a plus.
Send resumes to email@example.com